Development Application and Building Permit, what are the differences?

The planning approval (termed as the development application or DA) and the building permit (BP) are two different processes controlled by different legislation. If the proposed construction requires a planning approval, you must obtain it before you lodge a building permit application with your local council. Planning approvals or DA ensure that the development is [...]

Design tips to keep your house cool

Keeping your house cooling during the Perth’s boiling summer is not that easy. We often hear the best advice is to shut curtains, windows and doors during the heat of the day and open them later on during the evening when the external temperature is lower than inside. However, it doesn’t work for all situations [...]