Development Application (DA): steps to follow

Before your lodge your building application, it is important to know the stages your development will go through at the council by ensuring the following steps: Find out if you need a DA. Whether you’re thinking of building, demolishing, extending or renovating, you will probably need to lodge the plans to your local council for [...]

Development Application and Building Permit, what are the differences?

The planning approval (termed as the development application or DA) and the building permit (BP) are two different processes controlled by different legislation. If the proposed construction requires a planning approval, you must obtain it before you lodge a building permit application with your local council. Planning approvals or DA ensure that the development is [...]

Single vs double storey: tips to help you make the right choice

You are planning on building a house but are still undecided whether to go for a single or double storey home? While the choice can be obvious in some cases (e.g. size of the block, budget, and personal preferences), it is not a simple decision to make when both are possibilities. Our building designers from [...]

Understand the R-Codes

In order to cope with the rapid growth, the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) has developed a standard for the control of residential development throughout the state. This standard is titled the “Residential Design Codes” (R-Codes) which essentially provides guidelines for the quantity and type of residence/s that can be built on a block of [...]

By |2018-09-28T13:50:17+08:00May 9th, 2017|Compliance, Construction, Drafting, Green Start Design|Comments Off on Understand the R-Codes