From storage ideas to materials, get inspired by some of the tips we share with you to enhance the character in your home.
- Clever storage: utilise the “dead space”, such as, the often omitted space between the top of furniture and the room’s ceiling or you can fit ample storages under the stairs.
- Wall: use laminate decors on your walls. You can now find laminates that combine colour and character of real metals with the practical and technical advantage of the laminate. Or you can opt for a high gloss and hard-coated panel lighter, rather than a glass, and available in vivid colours to make a wall the focal point. If you are unsure about the colours you want for your walls, read also 5 things to know when choosing a paint colour.
- Carpet: intrigue your guests with a wooden carpet that can also be showcased as a piece of art.
- Furniture: opt for multi-functional pieces of furniture to transform your sofa into a bed or a stool into a side table.
- Lighting: designers have developed a range of lights with materials such as ceramic, polished brass or even recycled PET bottles. Read also Room-by-room: get the right light and Tips to pick the good lighting for your home.
- Plumbing: impress your guests with a sink in your kitchen that combines steel and granite. The use of granite ensures long lasting use because of its strength and resilience.
There is a variety of ideas on the market.